Welcome Courtney to Writerly Wednesday.
You can access all of the Writerly Guests at http://writerlywednesday.com .
I reside in North Idaho with my beautiful daughter and fluffy cat. I have always enjoyed reading and turned that toward writing when I was 18. It is my greatest hope that I provide joy to others through my writing.
Blurb: Callie’s body is the perfect hiding place for the magic of the fairy realm. Malia is
the perfect guard for her body against the demons determined to have the magic for themselves. Malia can’t resist the magic-it calls to her and Callie’s body is as close as she can get to it. Surprised to find the body so welcoming, Malia refuses to give it up once she has it. Is their attraction enough to break the rules of the fairy realm?
She settled herself into the chair, knees drawn up to her chest as she stared across at Malia. She was an entrancing creature, such delicate features and a hard attitude. Malia had killed that demon without a wince, had kicked in Callie’s door with seemingly no effort and drove through the night without stopping. Yet with her cotton candy pink hair and sparkling skin she resembled a life-size child’s toy.
Callie wanted to touch her face, wondered what her skin felt like. It looked smooth as glass, would it be soft?
Callie unfolded herself and slid off the chair, her eyes never leaving Malia’s sparkling skin. She just wanted to touch it. She crept across the floor and knelt beside the couch. An intoxicating scent filled her lungs, she breathed it in deeper. It was Malia. She smelled like….clouds, fresh, clean and light. It was amazing. Callie had never smelled anything better.
Unable to help herself she reached out a hand and caressed Malia’s cheek. It was soft and warm and perfect. Callie trailed her fingers across her cheek and pushed her hair away, exposing a delicately pointed ear. She touched the tip and traced its edges, a smile tugging at her lips. Such a lovely thing…
A steel grip embraced her wrist and forced it away from Malia. Malia sat up and her ice blue eyes locked with Callie’s. Her gaze was so intense Callie couldn’t keep it. She looked down to where Malia’s fingers gripped her wrist in an unbreakable hold. Callie knew her wrist was small but the way it looked in Malia’s hand was unreal. Her fingers were so long. She wondered what it would feel like to have those fingers on other parts of her body…touching, caressing…
“Is someone here?” Malia asked quietly.
“Umm…no, no one is here,” Callie stammered, struggling to keep her mind focused.
“Then why did you wake me?” Malia let go of Callie’s wrist and fell back down on the couch, her eyes closing once again.
Callie stood up, hands on hips. “I have questions!”
“I need sleep.”
“You’ve been sleeping for hours and I have been waiting patiently for you to wake the hell up and tell me what the hell is going on!”
“No, you tried to escape and then you sat down and cried about your world being turned upside down.”
1. In three days, all power will go off, everywhere for a very long time. What will you include in your author survival kit? Paper, pens, books, water, food, warm blankets and a super sexy partner to help pass the time….
2. Where did the idea for the work you are promoting arise? I was playing around with different ideas of infections, and possessions. Debating trying something zombie-like but not really wanting to go that route. So I decided a possession by something beautiful would be more fun.
3. What do you like to read? I love reading erotica, romance, paranormal and horror. Always have which is probably why that’s where my writing tends to be.
4. Tell us about the most exciting place you have ever visited? I absolutely love Hawaii. It is so beautiful and so warm! I am a die hard sun worshiper so Hawaii is perfect weather in my opinion. And I love the ocean as well so for me its as exciting as I have seen…so far. I do plan to go everywhere
5. What is the most mundane, day to day, thing you can share about yourself? Hmmm mundane…I don’t think there is anything mundane about any part of my days! Or at least I try for there not to be. Must find excitement where you can.
What scares you the most? Clowns!
From Sally – anyone who has read or seen IT or researches serial killers will understand a fear of clowns.
7. Tell us anything but keep it G rated. I teach preschool as my day job and love it! There is nothing better than walking through the door at 8:30 in the morning and having a bunch of kids scream your name and run across the room and hug you welcoming you to work. Just makes you smile even if you aren’t so happy about the morning.
*Read to Escape*
The Ice Cub
Sin city brings to mind decadence of every kind. To indulge in your basest desires and live uninhibited. Perhaps to stand in front of a window and take your punishment, hoping it is witnessed. No shame, no hesitance, just desire and erotic torture.
Thank you Courtney for being my Guest!
Come back next Wednesday for another Guest and don’t touch anything sharp!
Writerly Wednesday is followed by Fiction Friday so you know you want to come back soon!